Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tren Sin Servicio Y "Heroes"

I don't know about you all but I will have nightmares because of "Heroes", the critically acclaimed t.v. show on NBC. If you haven't seen it yet I don't recommend. Cor and I are scared to go bed right now so we decided to update the blog. Happy for you! Internet TV is pretty amazing though.

Unfortunately, our camera accessories are in some distant land with our missing baggage so there are no local picture updates. There are, however, some pictures of our dog Chauce and his new friend Baxter (jk jon)! Baker and Chauce are having a blast in Greeley, Colorado at our friends the Hoppins. We are so grateful, Jonny and Heather! It makes us really happy.

So in Spanish news I have picked up a few more teaching gigs. My favorite is a 12 year old boy named Alvaro who loves the Denver Nuggets. He knows more about the team and schedule then I do which makes our hour class go by pretty fast when he brings up the latest news on Mellow and A.I. And Speaking of sports...How bout' those Rockies! Go on you Rockies, win a World Series! I'm honestly not a baseball fan but I got super excited following their streak. I also teach a 35 year old women, a 13 year old boy, a 19 year old boy, and two business men from a company based in Madrid. Teaching English has been pretty enjoyable and compared to my teaching job back in the States, it's like a quarter of the work. Cor says like an eighth! No grading, no classroom management, and not a ton of planning.

Last week I finished my TEFL classes and after completing 40 hours of "internship" I'll receive my certificate. It's kind of funny though that most of my jobs haven't even asked to see the certificate. English teachers are in great demand here! On Friday we met up with Mr. Jim of Young Life Madrid and learned of the happenings Young Life style in Spain. Very cool. We also made three new friends through Jim and later on sucked down some Beamish Stout and Newcastle with them at a Pub in the city (I can only drink so much Mahou). I became a fan of Rugby that night, as well, watching Argentina upset France in the World cup Runner-Up match. Later that night we found out the train returning to our hometown of Alcala had shut down. Around midnight they are "sin servicio" so we were forced to put our Spanish to the test and find a bus. We got back here at like 3:30 am and were so tired. We're obviously not accustomed to the lifestyle yet seeing that most of the town was still up. Crazy Spaniards stay up all night! I don't know how they do it.

This weekend we're off to Toledo. More blogging to come and greetings to all...

T*C

Pics of the boss, here

2 comments:

Kretsingers said...

YE-low! Chaucey-Monkey is learning new tricks? Good boy, Puppy Chauce! Miss you crazy. ~j.

Brad and Lezlee Strong said...

WOW! I found you on Jessie's web site and just wanted to say hi and tell you how many people miss you! It sounds like you are having the time of your life. Hope all is well and can't wait to see what's going on with the SPANISH LOVERS! WHOOO HOOOOO! Love lezlee! Oh yes, I can't tell you how many mothers I met that their kids went to your school and how they all love and miss you!